I would like to draw the attention of the readers of this blog to an exciting academic event which will take place next week in Hong Kong: the International Conference “Managing the Globalization of Sanitation and Water Services: ‘Blue Gold’ Regulatory and Economic Challenges.
The conference will be held at Chinese University of Hong Kong on 23-24 March 2015 as part of the WUN RDF project “Managing the Globalization of Sanitation and Water Services” (led by Prof. Julien Chaisse at CUHK and involve collaborators from Leeds, Maastricht and Sydney). The 2-day Conference will feature a keynote speech by Prof. Laurence Boisson de Chazournes of the University of Geneva, and seven sessions featuring a total of 23 presentations covering the following topics:
- International trade governance of sanitation and water services
- Foreign investment governance of sanitation and water services
- Regional developments in the regulation of water services
- Funding of sanitation and water services: emergence of a global market
- International disputes
- Balancing economic and non-economic policy objectives: potentials and limits of international law.
Spread the word!